101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Why 101-Cooking for Two?

Friday, January 1, 2010

Why 101-Cooking for Two?

An excellent question. To me 101 means basic, the start of learning. That really the name. But it looked really stupid there all by itself. I'm really mainly cooking of two. Most of the cooking will have left-overs which we love. There will be some cooking for the masses like pizza for 12 at Christmas. But really there are just to two of us trying to eat well most of the time with not to much effort and have it reasonably healthy manor.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 19, 2013 at 6:44 PM , Blogger uknsue said...

I really enjoyed the recipes but when I found cooking for two but I had hoped that it meant exactly that. I'm tired of spending alot of money to make a recipe for only me. Cooking for two would mean that I would eat it and have a leftover for another day.

 
At October 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yep many have "lots of leftovers" (see sub-title of the blog). Most of the meat recipes are scalable to whatever number is needed. Many recipes that we enjoy (two of us) or I want to try come down to one or two component that can not be conveniently subdivided. One egg. A can of beans is either uses or wasted. I love to use crushed tomatoes more than diced. The crushed comes in 26 oz cans only but dice is 14.5 oz. Sometime I compromise but other times I think it is important to use crushed.

Also at times I will do a bigger recipe since leftover are almost required at our house due to my schedule. I'm cooking for two, not recipes for two... I have several times considered converting to only "for two" recipes but it just doesn't fit our "for two" home.

I do have 95+% of the recipes labeled with number of servings and I am working on a "Tips for Two" page that will help some of the issues you and I'm sure others have.

I hope you will look around and find recipes that will fit you needs. If you have any questions, please let me know.


Regard
DrDan

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home