101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Spicy Broccoli Saute

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Spicy Broccoli Saute


This is just one of those recipes that I randomly saw on TV while cooking. Big Daddy's House with Aaron McCargo Jr was on Food Network. I have never seen him before and I'm demographically impaired (well past 50) in that just the title of the show puts me off but my hand were dirty so it stayed on. He is really quite good. I'm now a fan. So I looked up the recipe and saved a PDF for later use. Later is now.

This is just a different and spicier way of to cook broccoli. I cut the recipe in half but that really wasn't all it needed. So here is my version of a nice recipe.

Rating 8 Good taste and nice for a change.
Time about 7-8 minutes.

Notes: Cutting the original oil and spices in half left too little in the pan to do much so I only decreased them some. I also decrease the heat some in the second part of the recipe to allow it to steam longer.






Tools: Nothing special

Ingredients:
1 large head of broccoli
3 T olive oil
2 T minced garlic
1/2-1 t red pepper flakes
1/4 t salt and pepper (each)
3 T chicken broth or stock

Instructions:

1) Clean and trim broccoli cut into florets
2) Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and pepper. Cook for 1 minute until garlic is browning some.
3) Add broccoli and cook for 3-4 minutes until starting to brown. Toss frequently.
4) Decrease heat to medium, add salt, pepper and chicken stock. Cover and continue to cook another 3-4 minutes until tender.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home