101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: My Top 5 Mexican Recipes for Cinco de Mayo

Friday, May 4, 2012

My Top 5 Mexican Recipes for Cinco de Mayo


I love Mexican food, so Cinco de Mayo is a food holiday to me and I think many of us Gringos. Contrary to common believe, it is not Mexico Independence Day (which is September 16th) but according to Mexonline "The holiday of Cinco De Mayo, The 5th Of May, commemorates the victory of the Mexican militia over the French army at The Battle Of Puebla in 1862." Ok, so I learned something.

Now on to the food. This is a top five of my Mexican recipes. Just my choice, I'm not looking at page views nor anything else. Reverse order.

#5 Best Mexican Shredded Pork Loin


#4 Chicken Enchilada Casserole

#3 Beef Steak Fajitas  and  Easy Chicken Fajitas

#2 Spicy Mexican Shredded Pork Tostadas (Tinga)

#1 Spicy Taco Meat Less than 25 Minutes

Special Mention: Kick Tale Taco Soup
I don't include it only because it is "made up" Mexican but a great crock pot recipe.

Happy victory over the French day... I'm sure they have forgiven the defeat considering the wonderful eats...
Updated

May 4 2012

DrDan

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 7, 2012 at 3:20 PM , Blogger CJ - Food Stories said...

Found your site on RecipesUS and thought I'd stop by and check it out. I have subscribed to your feed and can't wait to see what the next post will be!

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home