101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: 100th Post - A Musing

Saturday, June 26, 2010

100th Post - A Musing

This post number 100. Well give or take a little but that is a long explanation. It is #100 posted on the site (minus about 3 remover for various reasons, I think). When I started this, I was planning about 20 recipes that I wanted to document better and then I though I would do 1-2 post per week so number 100 should be about Christmas if at all.

So I have earned a little musing about what I have learned and what I plan.

First, what I have learned/believe:
  • There is excellent cooks out there to learn from. And they give it to you for free. See my blog list for some of  them.
  • When I look for a recipe, I first look at CI (Cooks Illustrated... I love the scientific approach) and then I Google and add blog to the end of my search phrase for the best material.
  • My photography has gotten better but I'm using editing programs to quickly improve the results. I now know how to use a histogram.
  • If you're close to my age, you will remember the term "Military-Industrial Complex" (a very 1960's phrase) referring to the relationship between the Military and the industries they deal with. The food industry is no better.
  • The health food/vitamin industry is even worse then the food industry in their claims and lack of proof. Avoid them like raw chicken. Don't get me started about drug companies.
  • You eat a lot better when you plan ahead.
  • Spell check is wonderful
What's ahead? Don't know for sure.

I'm working on a personal diet plan to help get rid of the 10 pounds I have gained since starting this blog. I want to blame my "bread phase" and I'm sure it was a lot of it but the Julia Child's french bread was so totally worth it. I still believe simple carbs stimulate appetites and my body seems to think white flour is sugar. I will be posting something soon on a diet I think I can follow and stay on.

The frequency of posts will slow some time soon. I have new medical students starting soon and they take a lot of time. We are implementing EMR (electronic medical records) and that will take a lot of time and energy.

Enough musing... on to the next post.

PS picture by MJ

Labels:

3 Comments:

At June 26, 2010 at 3:54 PM , Blogger Christine said...

**groans for new med students**

3rd years should NOT be in the PICU. I don't know what to say to them when they ask me outpatient pediatrics questions. Ummm... I'm an intensivist? I'll ask my dad for you though...

 
At June 26, 2010 at 4:55 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's the resource CD, the 14 lectures, and always having a shadow for 6 months. But some of my 4th yrs. are doing PICU.

 
At June 28, 2010 at 7:02 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Happy Hundred!

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home