101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Grilled Paprika Tilapia

Friday, June 25, 2010

Grilled Paprika Tilapia

Grilled Paprika Tilapia from 101 Cooking For Two
Continuing in my healthy vein a very nice grill tilapia. My wife is always asking for fish but I just don't seem to think of it very often. I'm from Iowa and if it doesn't moo or oink, you don't eat it.

This is a Cooking Light recipe and except for making more spicy coating, I stayed with the recipe... almost a first for me but it looked just right and it was.

Do you want a little spicier treat? Try my Grilled Blackened Tilapia

Rating 9.3 for taste, texture and ease.
Timing Prep 5 minutes, preheating 10 minutes and 8 minutes cooking for a total of 23 minutes.

Tools: Grill griddle and grill rated Pam

Ingredients:
1 lb Tilapia about six medium fillets
3 T olive or vegetable oil (not EV olive oil)
2 t paprika
1 t garlic powder
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper

Instructions:
1) Preheat grill with griddle on medium heat
2) Mix all spices and oil well in a small bowl
3) Spray griddle with grill rated Pam or brush with oil (Not EV olive oil)
4) Brush oil/spice mixture on both sides of the  fillets and place on griddle.

5) Cook 4 minutes per side.




Grilled Paprika Tilapia


Continuing in my healthy vein a very nice grill tilapia. My wife is always asking for fish but I just don't seem to think of it very often. I'm from Iowa and if it doesn't moo or oink, you don't eat it. This is a Cooking Light recipe and except for making more spicy coating, I stayed with the recipe... almost a first for me but it looked just right and it was.
Ingredients
1 lb Tilapia about six medium fillets3 T olive or vegetable oil (not EV olive oil)2 t paprika1 t garlic powder1 t salt1/2 t pepper
Instructions
1) Preheat grill with griddle on medium heat2) Mix all spices and oil well in a small bowl3) Spray griddle with grill rated Pam or brush with oil (Not EV olive oil) 4) Brush oil/spice mixture on both sides of the fillets and place on griddle.5) Cook 4 minutes per side.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2-3 servings

Updated

May 19, 2013

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 25, 2010 at 12:55 PM , Blogger Chris said...

I don't make much fish either. But for someone who doesn't make it often, it sure looks like you do it very well. Flaky, white, and moist, great job!

 
At June 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM , Blogger Christine said...

Oooh, that looks really good. We should make fish tacos like this together when I come over next week. I will make lime cilantro rice. If I can stay awake. Think that would be too crazy?

 
At June 25, 2010 at 4:54 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

To Chris thanks, I really did like it to the point of having several other recipes planned.
Christine... Your mother said Mexican is not fish. I will do some fajita's when your here to go with the rice but it needs to moo, oink or cluck not blub blub.

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home