101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Fajita Parmasan Crusted Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fajita Parmasan Crusted Grilled Pork Tenderloin

Fajita Parmasan Crusted Grilled Pork Tenderloin from 101 Cooking For Two
Very nice fajita flavored pork tenderloin with a crust of Parmesan on the grill.


So this was just an idea, Google and a little for Savory Reviews. I had a pork tenderloin that needed to be used and I was thinking Parmesan for some reason but it just didn't go with the grill. Well yes it does go with the grill. Google got me a recipe on Savory Reviews (one of my favorite blogs) but really nothing else. He used some pre-made fajita seasoning along with wine for the marinade. I generally don't use premixed spices and although I love my glass of wine, I have never been impressed with cooking with wine. I did fajita like spices along with lemon juice.

Rating 9  Taste 9.2 Crustyness/parmasan 9.5 Moisture 8.8

Note: I think most people would be very happy with this as a change of pace. Double the heat spices if you like heat. If you have time a 1-2 hour brine would improve the moisture but it was really good anyways.

Tools: Nothing special



Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin

Marinade
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup ReaLemon
2 t chili powder
1 t each of salt, pepper, paprika
1 T brown sugar
1/2 t onion powder and garlic powder
1/4 t cumin and cayenne pepper

Topping
1/8 cup shredded parmasan
1 T oil


Instructions:
1) Trim the tenderloin including the removal of the silver skin and any fat or membranes.
2) Combine all marinade ingredients in an one gallon ziplock bag. Mix well, add tenderloin and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
3) Preheat grill on high for 10 minutes. Clean and oil.

4) Grill on high flipping every 5-6 minutes until internal temp of 160.

5) Brush with oil and crown top with as mush parmasan as will stick.
6) Grill another 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and crusting some.

7) Remove and let rest for 5 minutes prior to cutting.
Printable Recipe

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 30, 2010 at 8:15 AM , Blogger Chris said...

Rex does have a great blog, I love the stuff he puts together.

Nice tenderloin. I might try this but use some manchego instead of parmesan (only because I have some on hand).

 
At May 31, 2010 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Plain Chicken said...

we just ate at Fogo de Chao and they had a parmesan crusted pork that was great. I googled and found a recipe similar to this. I have it on my menu for next weekend.

Yours looks great!!

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home