101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: A Few of My Favorite Things: Foodie Edition

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things: Foodie Edition

'Tis the season as they say. Who can't use a few gift suggestions for the foodie in your life or if you're the foodie, a few last minute additions to your list... OR just gift yourself.

Here are a few of my favorite food thingy bobs. 1 to 5 in reverse order but I love them all.

All the links to the products are through my Amazon associate account. All profit from my Amazon account from these products through Dec. 31, 2012 will be donated to DeVos Children's Hospital in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Also, I will match that amount personally (up to $500)

 Please Support Your Local Children's Hospital

5. Lodge Logic Pre-Seasoned Skillets 

Your foodie will love cooking with cast iron. The original non-stick cooking. Go for the 12 inch if your not sure of the size to buy.

 

4. Victorinox 47521 10-Inch Chef's Knife 

A great bargain for a wonderful knife that comes 8 or 10 inch models (get the 10). This is the knife that American Test Kitchen uses in their kitchen.


 

3. Epicurean Kitchen Series Cutting Board 

These are "grrrreeaaat". They don't seem to dull the knife like glass. And are much safer than wood. You can keep them clean easily. Dishwasher or bleach spray and you're safe. I have 2 of all sizes. The large ones are great over the sink.

 


2. Cuisinart DGB-900BC Grind & Brew Thermal 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker 

I love coffee and maybe it doesn't meet your definition of cooking but it's in mine. Have fresh ground coffee every morning without fuss and muss. I wore one out and I'm on my second one.


1. Thermapen - Instant Read Thermometer  

If this is within the budget, it is a MUST HAVE. I know $100 seems like a lot but really a great thermometer. It will make an OK cook into a really good cook. This is really the secret of my success.

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 12, 2012 at 10:00 AM , Blogger SPF said...

Just so you know: I don't actually see any hyperlinks to click on...

 
At December 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

the links are the little Amazon ads. Click the picture or description will go to the product page. Click "Buy from Amazon.com" will put it in your Amazon cart.

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home