101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: So how is a recipe like the Pirate's Code?

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

So how is a recipe like the Pirate's Code?



Part three of this quote is the answer.

Captain Barbossa to Elizabeth Swann in Pirates of the Caribbean:
"first, your return to shore was not part of our negotiations nor our agreement, so I must do nothing, and secondly you must be a pirate for the Pirate's Code to apply and you're not, and thirdly the code is more of what you call guidelines than actual rules"

So a recipe is "more of what you call guidelines than actual rules".

I consider it play time. Time to experiment. I love Cooks Illustrated recipes. I always learn something. I love Alton Browns stuff. Again I'm learning.

So relax and enjoy your cooking... they're just guidelines REALLY.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home