101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Basic Meatloaf a la Paula Deen

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Basic Meatloaf a la Paula Deen

My heart can't take reading most Paula Deen recipes. The doctor in my just can't take it. But I enjoy watching her cook and her personality. So last week I wanted meatloaf and a Food Network email arrive and there was Paula Deen and her basic meatloaf and it looked like I would live through it.

The original recipe was for 1 pound. Never will I make a 1 pound meatloaf. Meatloaf is for leftovers. So first I double it. Then I "rounded" the ingredients a little. 1 cup of onion is one medium onion and so on. Also I decreased the salt a little and decreased to topping since doubling does not double surface area. 

 Rating
It may be a 4 but I like my meatloaf better. My wife described this as eating stuffed peppers (she likes stuffed peppers). So take your choice. Both are good and quick.
Preheat oven to 375 convection. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and transfer to baking dish. Like all  meat loaf, do not over mix.
Mix topping and spread over meatloaf then bake for approx 1 hour. Until internal temp of about 170.



Basic Meatloaf a la Paula Deen


My heart can't take reading most Paula Deen recipes. The doctor in my just can't take it. But I enjoy watching her cook and her personality. So last week I wanted meatloaf and a Food Network email arrive and there was Paula Deen and her basic meatloaf and it looked like I would live through it. The original recipe was for 1 pound. Never will I make a 1 pound meatloaf. Meatloaf is for leftovers. So first I double it. Then I "rounded" the ingredients. 1 cup of onion is one medium onion and so on. Also I decreased the salt a little and decreased to topping since doubling does not double surface area.
Ingredients
2 pounds ground beef`2 t salt1/2 t black pepper1 medium chopped (about 1 cup) onion1 medium chopped ( 1 cup) green pepper2 whipped eggs1 cup quick oats14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes Topping1/2 cup ketchup3 T Brown sugar1 T Mustard
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 convection. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and transfer to baking dish. Like all meat loaf, do not over mix.Mix topping and spread over meatloaf then bake for approx 1 hour. Until internal temp of about 170.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8 servings
Updated

April 26, 2011

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Chris said...

"Hey ya'll! Today we're goin' to make some meatloaf. First, ya take a pound of butter...."

heh heh, I know what you mean about some of her recipes but she is charming as can be. You're right about meat loaf. You can't have meatloaf sandwiches without leftovers!

 
At May 1, 2011 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

You sound just like her... I do enjoy watching her and if I was a cardiologist I would consider it just good for business. This meatloaf is a little too "fluffy" for a good sandwich.

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home