101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Grilled Drop Buttermilk Biscuits

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Grilled Drop Buttermilk Biscuits

I ask you WHY NOT? I have been on the search for grilled sides this spring and I have tried this several times but I now have it right. Really the answer was quit simple. All I needed to do was turn down the heat and rotate the pan... Dah...


Rating
I almost always have extra space on the grill for an easy side like this.

Use any drop biscuit recipe you want. I went with a simple one from an old Betty Crocker Cookbook that I have used for years.

Ingredients
2 cups AP flour
1 T baking powder
1 t salt
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup buttermilk

Note on the buttermilk: You can use dried buttermilk which is what I do or you can substitute for the buttermilk with 1 cup warm milk with 1-2 t vinegar added and set for 5 - 10 minutes

If grill is not already on, preheat to medium.
First combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
Brush a cast iron skillet with 1-2 t of oil.
Mix buttermilk and oil. Then wet into dry. Mix until moist.
Using a large tablespoon heaping with dough, make eight biscuits and place in pan.
Place on grill over medium heat. Rotate pan after 8-9 minutes.
Cook until browning about 18 minutes.




Grilled Drop Buttermilk Biscuits


I ask you WHY NOT? I have been on the search for grilled sides this spring and I have tried this several times but I now have it right. Really the answer was quit simple. All I needed to do was turn down the heat and rotate the pan... Dah...I almost always have extra space on the grill for an easy side like this. Use any drop biscuit recipe you want. I went with a simple one from an old Betty Crocker Cookbook that I have used for years.
Ingredients
  • 2 cups AP flour
  • 1 T baking powder
  • 1 t salt
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 3/4 cup buttermilk
Instructions
1) First combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.2) Brush a cast iron skillet with 1-2 t of oil.3) Mix buttermilk and oil. Then wet into dry. Mix until moist.4) Using a large tablespoon heaping with dough, make eight biscuits and place in pan.5) Place on grill over medium heat. Rotate pan after 8-9 minutes. 6) Cook until browning about 18 minutes.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 8

Updated

September 14 2011

DrDan

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At June 6, 2011 at 10:45 PM , Blogger Pam said...

I can't resist homemade biscuits - they look terrific (and so does the chicken down below).

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home