101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Enchilada Sauce

Monday, February 1, 2010

Enchilada Sauce


I hate the canned enchilada sauce. The mix is horrible. You must make it yourself. If you Google, you will find an never ending variety of recipes. I'm adding mine. Again I did use my Mexican cookbook but I way upped the spices.

This only takes 10 minutes but if you are not going to use it where it is cooked more (like my Chicken Enchilada Casserole) you should simmer it for 30 minutes. Also you could add 1/2 cup shredded cheese. I usually don't and I almost always use it in my casserole.

(printable recipe)

Tools: nothing special

Ingredients:
2 15oz cans tomato sauce
1/2 cup minced onion ( about 1 small to medium) 
2 T oil

2 T chili powder
2 t paprika
1 t salt
1/2 t ground cumin
1/2 t oregano
2 cloves garlic

Instructions:
1) Add oil to medium size sauce pan over medium high heat. Add onion and saute until transparent. About 5 minutes.
2) Add tomato sauce and spices. Mix well and simmer over medium-low heat.
3) Simmer for at least 10 minutes if being used in casserole or 30 minutes otherwise.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home