101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Asparagus with Garlic and Sesame Seeds

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Asparagus with Garlic and Sesame Seeds

I seem to always be doing asparagus. It's not that I'm not satisfied with what I've done already but just to try something different. So here I go again.

I seem to always want some garlic on my other veggies. So that was a given. But what to but with it. Onion? Bread crumbs? Sesame seeds? Everything? I was hard to resist everything but I restrained myself. Just the seeds please.

Rating: 9 for me. It helps that we had porterhouse steaks with it.




Ingredients:
1 lb. asparagus
2-3 T olive oil
3-4 cloves crushed garlic
Course salt
Fresh ground pepper
Sesame seeds

Instructions:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees convection.

2) Clean, trim and dry the asparagus

3) Add olive oil, crushed garlic, salt and pepper to plate. Mix well.

4) Coat the asparagus one at a time in the oil mixture and place in oven safe pan. I used a grill pan.

5) Sprinkle generously with sesame seeds.

5) Place on center rake and bake for 8-10 minutes until tender.

Notes: Don't over cook.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home