101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Greg's White Chili - milk free

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Greg's White Chili - milk free

 Recipe and picture by Greg. This is a Milk free white chili
(printable recipe)



Ingredients:
1 48 oz jar Great Northern beans - undrained
2 cloves garlic minced
1 large onion chopped
1/8 tsp white pepper
1 Table spoon cumin (I usually do 2-2.5 but that's me)
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. marjoram
1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 4 oz cans diced green chilies
1 red bell pepper chopped
32 oz chicken stock (broth is ok but stock is better if the store has it)

Instructions:
  1. Put beans, onion, garlic, stock, and spices into a crock put. Turn to high.
  2. Place chicken into a baking pan and cook at 350 until done but not browned (30-40 min in my oven)
  3. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces (or shed if desired)
  4. Add chicken, bell pepper, and green chilis, and then reduce the crock pot's temp to low.
  5. Let simmer at least 1.5 hours (longer is better of course.)
  6. Serve with crackers, bread, or tortilla chips.

Notes:
  • I like my chili thick so I often don't use all the stock and use extra chicken.
  • I also tend to go spicy. to adjust this I use small ultra spicy peppers and/or up the cumin depending on my tastes of the day.
  • Also good for serving: spritz a bit of lime juice across the top of your bowl.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home