101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Easiest Crockpot Extra Thick White Chicken Chili

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Easiest Crockpot Extra Thick White Chicken Chili

Easiest Crockpot Extra Thick White Chicken Chili from 101 Cooking For Two
Ultra thick and tasty. This has been one of my most requested recipes for years. Use any precooked chicken and you have a simple and easy slow cooker delight. Take copies of the recipe if you're taking it to a party.

I have no idea where this came from but I must have made this at least 50 times. It's simple and great. What more do you want?

Rating
 I have done this oh so many times.

Note: as with all chili, it's even better heated p. I try to use Pace Medium salsa and max out the cumin. I usually cook some skinless boneless breast but any precooked chicken will do. If you have a tough layer on the top of the breasts, just remove and discard to the dog.


Ingredients: I always make a double recipe and freeze the remainder
3 boneless chicken breast halves cooked shredded or other precooked chicken
1 1/2 to 3 teaspoon ground cumin (to taste)
8 ozs. Pepper-Jack Cheese cubed
8 ozs. salsa mild or medium (to taste)
1 48 oz. jar great northern beans , un-drained (I usually use Randell)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350. Trim chicken breast and place on 1/2 sheet pan.
 Don't over cook the chicken. About 35 mins. Don't brown. 170 internal temp
 Cool and shred chicken
Combine all ingredients in crock pot  and mix well.
Cook on low for about 3 hours. Stir frequently.



Add a cup or so of chicken broth if you want thinner.



Easiest Crockpot Extra Thick White Chicken Chili


One of my most requested recipes. The terms great, quick, easy, fool proof and KISS apply. I always make a double recipe and freeze the remainder
Ingredients
  • 3 boneless chicken breast halves cooked shredded
  • 1 1/2 to 3 teaspoon ground cumin (to taste)
  • 8 oz's Pepper-Jack Cheese cubed
  • 8 oz's salsa mild or medium (to taste)
  • 48 oz. jar great northern beans , undrained I usually use Randell
Instructions
1) Preheat oven to 350. Trim chicken breast and place on 1/2 sheet pan. Don't over cook the chicken. About 35-45 mins. Don't brown. 170 internal temp.2) Shred chicken 3) Combine all ingredients in crock pot and mix well.4) Cook on low for about 3 hours. Stir frequently.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 6 servings

Updated

December 10, 2011

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At December 27, 2012 at 10:15 PM , Blogger KateCox808 said...

I made this tonight. We are in love. So so good.

 
At December 27, 2012 at 10:29 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It has always amazed me that this darn simple recipe is so good... I have never taken this to a gathering without multiple people wanting the recipe. I don't take it anywhere anymore since at least two other people have brought it.

 
At November 21, 2013 at 10:57 PM , Blogger MAT said...

This was really good. I thought I could throw everything in the pot with frozen chicken and cook all day on low, but that did not work well. It still tasted great and the chicken was perfect, but the pepper jack cubes didn't really melt, they just changed texture but retained their cubed shape. I added shredded mozzarella and it was great--but you definitely need to be around to stir this!

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home