101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Alabama White BBQ Sauce

Friday, July 9, 2010

Alabama White BBQ Sauce


I'm making this a separate post for several reasons. First, it is wonderful. Second, I plan on using it in other applications and lastly it is easier to refer to if it's a separate post.

The picture is from the next post Alabama BBQ Chicken with White BBQ Sauce
which is simply wonderful.

The recipe is from Cooks Country but there are many slight variations out there. The main difference seems to be lemon juice added in most recipes. I didn't do that and stayed with the CC ingredients but will try it next time and I added it as optional in the recipe.

Rating 9.5 Just wonderful

Tools: nothing special

Ingredients:
3/4 cup mayo ( I used low fat and it was great)
2 T apple cider vinegar
1-2 T lemon juice (optional see discussion)
2 t sugar
1/2 t table salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t horseradish
1/4 t cayenne pepper
Instructions:
Mix all well and refrigerate covered for 1 hour. May store for 2 days.




Alabama White BBQ Sauce


The recipe is from Cooks Country but there are many slight variations out there. The main difference seems to be lemon juice added in most recipes. I didn't do that and stayed with the CC ingredients but will try it next time and I added it as optional in the recipe. Rating 9.5 Just wonderful
Ingredients
3/4 cup mayo ( I used low fat and it was great)2 T apple cider vinegar1-2 T lemon juice (optional see discussion)2 t sugar1/2 t table salt1/2 t pepper1/2 t horseradish1/4 t cayenne pepper
Instructions
Mix all well and refrigerate covered for 1 hour. May store for 2 days.
Details
Prep time: Total time: Yield: 1 cup

Updated

April 26, 2011

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At March 19, 2012 at 11:19 PM , Blogger Chorister said...

My people are from Alabama & had never heard of this - must have been invented after they left. My cousins still in residence assure me it is a real thing, so I tried it. I had lemons so I put in some juice. Very, very good. The leftover chicken has even better the next day. This is also good on french fries.

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home