101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Italian Grilled Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts

Friday, July 16, 2010

Italian Grilled Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts


A nice Italian flair that was very moist and a nice change of pace from the usual BBQ on the grill.
I wanted Italian on the grill. I was going to fuss with cheese and tomato but really got lazy.

So I went Googling again and all I could find was multiple recipes with two ingredients... the chicken and a bottle of Italian dressing. I'm lazy but not that lazy. A few had dry Italian seasoning. So I substituted for that and went with it.

Rating  9.0 Taste 9.0 Ease 9.0

Notes: If you want to be a wimp, you could use dry Italian seasoning. Also you need to know your grill and what parts run hot and what parts run cool. So pay attention and you'll get the hang of it or you chicken will be hockey pucks.

Tools: Nothing special

Ingredients:
2 Skinless boneless chicken breast
2 T olive oil
Salt and Pepper
1 T Italian seasoning


Italian Seasoning
Equal parts dried basil, oregano, marjoram, rosemary and thyme
I used 1 T each and save the extra

Instructions:
1) Preheat grill on high, clean and oil grates.

2) Mix Italian seasoning in small airtight container suitable for storage.
3) Trim chicken breast and flatten to no more than 3/4 inch thick either by hand pressure or by meat mallet.

4) Mix oil and 1 T Italian seasoning.
5) Salt and pepper lightly on both sides then brush both sides with the oil mixture.
6) Allow to rest at room temperature for 10-15 minutes with grill is heating.
7) If you have a hot running grill, decrease to medium. I used a cooler section of mine on high.
8) Flip about every 6-7 minutes until internal temp is 165 or better. 23 minutes total on my grill.




Italian Grilled Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts


A new addition to my Grilled Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast series. A nice Italian flair that was very moist and a nice change of pace from the usual BBQ on the grill. I wanted Italian on the grill. I was going to fuss with cheese and tomato but really got lazy. So I went Googling again and all I could find was multiple recipes with two ingredients... the chicken and a bottle of Italian dressing. I'm lazy but not that lazy. A few had dry Italian seasoning. So I substituted for that and went with it.
Ingredients
2 Skinless boneless chicken breast2 T olive oil1 T Italian seasoning Salt and Pepper Italian Seasoning1 t dried basil,1 t oregano1 t marjoram1 t rosemary 1 t thyme
Instructions
1) Preheat grill on high, clean and oil grates. 2) Mix Italian seasoning in small airtight container suitable for storage.3) Trim chicken breast and flatten to no more than 3/4 inch thick either by hand pressure or by meat mallet.4) Mix oil and 1 T Italian seasoning.5) Salt and pepper lightly on both sides then brush both sides with the oil mixture.6) Allow to rest at room temperature for 10-15 minutes with grill is heating.7) If you have a hot running grill, decrease to medium. I used a cooler section of mine on high.8) Flip about every 6-7 minutes until internal temp is 165 or better. 23 minutes total on my grill.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 servings

Updated

April 26, 2011

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At July 16, 2010 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Laugh if you want, but bottled Italian dressing was the first chicken marinade when my buddies and I were 18/19 learning to cook on our own.

But taking your approach is much more tailored to personal tastes! Then again, I didn't have such a nice grill back then either:)

 
At July 16, 2010 at 11:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I remember using it 20 years ago but I much prefer the make your own method if possible for most recipes.
I'm working on a Jerk recipe and I think I will wimp and reach for the jar. Way more work than I want to do but Italian was simple.

 
At July 17, 2010 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Rita said...

This looks really good.Wonder if I would used my fresh herbs to make this juicy recipe.
Rita

 
At July 17, 2010 at 12:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Really almost any spice recipe works. Just know your grills hot spots and avoid them or turn the heat down and take a little longer

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home