101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: 101s Top Ten and Year in Review - 2012

Saturday, December 29, 2012

101s Top Ten and Year in Review - 2012


Welcome to my yearly top 10 and year in review.

First the high points for the blog.
  • Growth 300% with milestones of 1,000,000 and 2,000,000 page views.
  • Affiliations with Maratha's Circle and ZipList
  • Professionally designed logo (I couldn't help but tweet it some myself)
  • My new DSLR. I love toys
Now the Top Ten. As I always say, it is a little like picking a favorite child. My theme this year is tasty, easy and fool-proof. Not a bad theme...

First Honorable Mention- some of my favorites


Easy General Tso Chicken
Old Fashioned Banana Nut Bread
Guacamole - Fresh and Simple

Homemade Cinnamon Candied Nuts 

 Now the Top Ten in Reverse Order

 10) Creamy Crock Pot Mac and Cheese

This is still somewhat of a work in process. A new version soon... but gets great reviews and very easy.

9) Iowa Breaded Pork Tenderloin Sandwich

I love this. Extremely tender with great taste.

8) Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks - The Art of Drummies

I do this over and over and over.

7) Kick Tail Taco Soup in a Crockpot

A great crock pot chili/soup with kicked up taste. Not wimpy.

6)  Crispy Smashed Potatoes

One of the most popular recipes of the year. An easy and great side.

5) Sweet and Spicy Chicken Bacon Wraps

The go to dish to pass for parties at our house. What could be better, bacon that is sweet and spicy.

4)  Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Chicken

This has my wife planning Mexican Buffet parties just to show this off.

3) Oven Baked Blackened Tilapia

Not your wimpy tasting fish. Kicked up and tasty. Extremely easy and fool-proof. And did I say healthy...

2) Parmesan Mayonnaise Baked Skinless Chicken Breast

Continuing on the easy and fool proof theme, we have our Christmas dinner this year, give it a try and you will do it over and over.

1)  Pan Seared Oven Roasted Filet Mignon 

It is almost impossible to beat a really good filet... For that special meal. Also easy and fool proof.

That's it. All are tasty and all fit this year theme of tasty, easy and almost fool proof.

My Other Top 10 Lists

The Top 10 For 2010 - Part 1 - The Most Popular

The Top 10 For 2010 - Part 2 - My Picks

Top Posts For 2011

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home