101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Chipotle Lime Grilled Pork Tenderloin a la Alton Brown

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Chipotle Lime Grilled Pork Tenderloin a la Alton Brown

Chipotle Lime Grilled Pork Tenderloin  a la Alton Brown from 101 Cooking For Two
An Alton Brown inspired pork tenderloin. A different taste from my usual tenderloin and a much different technique. With excellent results.

Rating:
Almost a 5. I may have been a 5 if I had a margarita with it but we had it for lunch. You can check the original Food Network / Alton Brown version HERE. Notes: This is a little fussier then my normal for this cut but worth the effort. Maybe I will do it for company... Changes I made were more related to needs to use what I always have on hand. I don't keep fresh limes so I used lime juice and skipped the zest. I would add this if I happened to have it. The chipotle in adobe is always a problem for me. It is hard to find around here and to open a can and trash the rest just bothers me. I used some Penzey Chipotle powder and had good results with that.
Trim the pork tenderloin and remove silverskin.
Combine spices with lime juice and honey. Mix well. The Tupperware mixer works well here.
Add about half the mixture to a 1 gallon Ziploc, add the tenderloin, remove as much air as possible. Seal and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours. I did 24 hrs.
Remove from refrigerator and allow to rest to room temp for 30 minutes.
Preheat grill on high. Clean and oil.
Place over high direct heat.
Rotate every few minutes a quarter turn.
Make an aluminum foil "boat". Add reserved marinade. When internal temp is 140, moved tenderloin to the boat. About 20 minutes of grill time.
Seal the foil tightly and allow to rest for 10 minutes. FYI I checked the temp at this point and it was 151.
Serve and say "THANK YOU ALTON". Now go to the next post for my take on the excellent recipe (coming in the next 24 hrs.)


Chipotle Lime Grilled Pork Tenderloin a la Alton Brown


An Alton Brown inspired pork tenderloin. A different taste from my usual tenderloin and a much different technique. With excellent results.
Ingredients
  • 1 pork tenderloin
  • 1/2 cup lime juice
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 1/2 t kosher salt
  • 1/2 t garlic powder
  • 1/2 t Penzy Chipotle powder
Instructions
1) Trim the pork tenderloin and remove silverskin.2) Combine spices with lime juice and honey. Mix well. The Tupperware mixer works well here.3) Add about half the mixture to a 1 gallon Ziploc, add the tenderloin, remove as much air as possible. Seal and refrigerate for 6 to 24 hours. 4) Remove from refrigerator and allow to rest to room temp for 30 minutes.Preheat grill on high. Clean and oil.5) Place over high direct heat. Rotate every few minutes a quarter turn.6) Make an aluminum foil "boat". Add reserved marinade. When internal temp is 140, moved tenderloin to the boat. About 20-25 minutes of grill time.7) Seal the foil tightly and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Serve and say "THANK YOU ALTON".
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2-3 servings

Updated

September 14 2011

DrDan

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home