101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Naked Grilled Corn - The Quick and Easy Way

Friday, August 20, 2010

Naked Grilled Corn - The Quick and Easy Way

I love naked corn. Grilled just right with a little char. MMM... GOOD.

I felt compelled to do this post since I have been seeing many other grilled corn articles on the web. Most requiring work. I'm allergic to work that is not necessary and give poorer results. For many years I tried other techniques but I have been using this one for 7-8 years. It's the perfect side with no significant work.


Please note that I avoided the opening line of "I grill corn naked." It was just too easy.

Result:
A little char is great.

Notes: I'm not a fan of any grilling that involves tightly covering something and then "steaming" it on the grill and then you call it GRILLED? I don't see that grilling corn in the husk is much different than steaming it. You might as well cook it in the microwave and not have to burn your fingers cleaning the hot corn after cooking. Now I do microwave corn in the winter and it's quit good but get real here.
YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION WHEN YOU GRILL NAKED! or you will have burnt corn.

Tools: clean hot grill that you're cooking something else on.

Ingredients:
Ears of corn, husked and cleaned
vegetable oil
salt,  pepper and butter to taste

Instructions:
1) Husk and clean corn
2) Brush with vegetable oil.
3) Salt and pepper to taste. You can do this here or after grilling
4) Grill over high heat for 8-10 minutes turning and moving around every 2-3 minutes.
5) Cook until some kernels are starting to char.
6) Salt, pepper and butter to taste.



print recipe

Naked Grilled Corn


I love naked corn. Grilled just right with a little char. MMM... GOOD. I felt compelled to do this post since I have been seeing many other grilled corn articles on the web. Most requiring work. I'm allergic to work that is not necessary and give poorer results. For many years I tried other techniques but I have been using this one for 7-8 years. It's the perfect side with no significant work. Please note that I avoided the opening line of "I grill corn naked." It was just too easy.
Ingredients
Ears of corn, husked and cleaned vegetable oil salt, pepper and butter to taste
Instructions
1) Husk and clean corn2) Brush with vegetable oil.3) Salt and pepper to taste. You can do this here or after grilling4) Grill over high heat for 8-10 minutes turning and moving around every 2-3 minutes.5) Cook until some kernels are starting to char.6) Salt, pepper and butter to taste.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 servings

Updated

April 23, 2011

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At August 20, 2010 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Whatever way I grill my corn (I've tried many of the ways you mention), I like to have char on it at the end so they end up naked at some point.

Hard to be that taste on the cob or in a salsa.

 
At August 20, 2010 at 8:19 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It's not grilled corn without char. Corn boiled is great for what it is and in January I'm fine with it but not in the summer.

 
At August 20, 2010 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Julie said...

Sounds simple enough even I could do it :)

 
At September 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Charlene said...

I wanted grilled corn this last week, and my husband thought it should be wraped in foil on top of the husks. It was horrible, not even as good as corn in the husks I do in the microwave. Thanks for these tips, I'll do the grilling myself next time and do it right!

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home