101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: How to Make a Pizza

Thursday, September 15, 2011

How to Make a Pizza

This is the one thing I always have to make when the kids are home or we are there. The call is always for "Daddy made pizza". They all have favorite toppings and my son is milk allergic so his version is made with a non cows milk cheese in a separate area of the kitchen and baked in a separate oven or it is epipen and ER time.


Rating:
Yes, two 5's in a row. I have survive on this alone years ago. I have about 1000 of there pies under my belt.

Notes:  I have had two calls from daughter #2 for this recipe in the last month so it is time for a post.
I have traditionally not been allowed to make the sauce. My wife had to make the sauce. She gave up her method for this post and I was "allowed" to make the sauce. I never add any "heat" to this. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper if you want.

Make one recipe of Easy Everyday Pizza Dough from the previous post.
Mix sauce. One 6 oz can of tomato paste and 6 oz water. 1 tsp salt, 1/2 t pepper, 1 clove garlic and 1 t oregano.
 Prep toppings. I do 1 lb Italian sausage, one green pepper chopped, 1/2 medium yellow onion, and 3-4 oz of pepperoni. And lastly a lot of mozzarella 12-16 oz.
Preheat oven to 425 convection. Spread dough. Let set for about 10 minutes if you want a very thick crust.
 Top with topping of your choice.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Be sure to lift a corner of the pizza to check for done.




print dough recipe

How to Make a Pizza


My famous pizza. Always requested at family gatherings and a basic in our family for many years. Not a lot of work so great for family gatherings and weekends. Even for watching the game.
Ingredients
  • one batch Easy Everyday Pizza Dough from previous post
Sauce
  • 6 oz Tomato paste
  • 6 oz water
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 t salt
  • 1/2 t pepper
  • 1 t oregano
Toppings
  • 1 lb Italian Sausage browned and drained
  • 1 green pepper chopped
  • 1/2 medium yellow or white onion
  • 3-4 oz pepperoni
  • 12-16 ozs Mozzarella
Instructions
1) Make one recipe of Easy Everyday Pizza Dough from the previous post. 2) Mix sauce. One 6 oz can of tomato paste and 6 oz water. 1 tsp salt, 1/2 t pepper, 1 clove garlic and 1 t oregano. 3) Prep toppings. I do 1 lb Italian sausage, one green pepper chopped, 1/2 medium yellow onion, and 3-4 oz of pepperoni. Vary to your taste. And lastly a lot of mozzarella 12-16 oz. I also like to "top" with some more pepperoni.4) Preheat oven to 425 convection. Spread dough. Let set for about 10 minutes if you want a very thick crust.5) Top with topping of your choice.6) Bake for 20-25 minutes. Be sure to lift a corner of the pizza to check for done.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: one large pizza

Updated

September 15 2011

DrDan

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 20, 2011 at 11:07 AM , Blogger ZolaMama said...

I think I'll try this tonight! I don't think I ever got to try your pizza when I was in high school with your son. But it sure sounds tasty.

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home