101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Grilled Paprika-Garlic Bone-in Skin-on (Split) Chicken Breast for Two

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Grilled Paprika-Garlic Bone-in Skin-on (Split) Chicken Breast for Two

Grilled Paprika-Garlic  Bone-in Skin-on (Split) Chicken Breast for Two from 101 Cookng For Two
What to do with those bone-in skin-on chicken breast (AKA split chicken breast)? I usually buy then with no specific plans. Then I end up freezing all or some of them. So I set out to change that.


What I wanted to do:
1) I wanted a KISS (keep it simple stupid) recipe. As little fuss as possible so no rub that has 8 or 9 components. Check.
2) Quick. I want to start the gas grill to preheat and then do the prep and start grilling. No brining. No 2 hours in the frig after the rub. Check.
3) Truly a "For Two" recipe. I'm not cooking for left overs because it is so simple I won't mine doing it over and over. Check.
4) Use common kitchen components and a scalable recipe you can use for the family. Check.
5) Lastly, I wanted skin that was crispy and had great taste. Check.

Results:
Excellent and extremely easy to do.
Time: 40 to 45 minutes from starting the grill to serving.

Notes: I smoked with wood chips and I think it added some good taste. You can use an aluminum pan for chips if you have no other method. Skip  it if you want but you will miss some flavor but should still be great.
When I first did this recipe 3-4 days ago, I had some Memphis BBQ sauce that was wonderful on this. Today I was out and we picked the bones clean, just a wonderful taste that "stands on it's own". PS The Alabama sauce would also be great here.

Tools: Clean gas grill and a smoking method if you want.

Ingredients:
2 Split chicken breast bone in with skin
1 large hand full of smoking chips (optional)

Rub
1 t each of salt, paprika, poultry seasoning, garlic powder
1/2 t pepper

Instructions:
1) Fire up the grill on high and add chips to pan if smoking. When chips start to smoke (or about 10 minutes), clean grates, oil  and decrease heat to medium.
2) While grill is heating. Trim chicken breasts by removing any trim-able fat and excess skin. Cut in half with a sharp large knife.
3) Mix rub in a small bowl and apply to all sides of the breasts. Don't forget the cut edge.
4) Grill skin side down initially for about 8 minutes. Then flip about and grill until internal temp of 165, flipping occasionally.




Grilled Paprika-Garlic Bone-in Skin-on (Split) Chicken Breast for Two


What to do with those bone in split chicken breasts? I usually buy then with no specific plans. Then I end up freezing all or some of them. So I set out to change that. What I wanted to do: 1) I wanted a KISS (keep it simple stupid) recipe. As little fuss as possible so no rub that has 8 or 9 components. Check. 2) Quick. I want to start the gas grill to preheat and then do the prep and start grilling. No brining. No 2 hours in the frig after the rub. Check. 3) Truly a "For Two" recipe. I'm not cooking for left overs because it is so simple I won't mine doing it over and over. Check. 4) Use common kitchen components and a scalable recipe you can use for the family. Check. 5) Lastly, I wanted skin that was crispy and had great taste. Check.
Ingredients
2 bone-in skin-on chicken breast (AKA split chicken breast)1 large hand full smoking chips (optional) Rub1 t salt1 t paprika1 t poultry seasoning1 t garlic powder1/2 t pepper
Instructions
1) Fire up the grill on high and add chips to pan if smoking. When chips start to smoke (or about 10 minutes), clean grates, oil and decrease heat to medium.2) While grill is heating. Trim chicken breasts by removing any trim-able fat and excess skin. Cut in half with a sharp large knife3) Mix rub in a small bowl and apply to all sides of the breasts. Don't forget the cut edge.4) Grill skin side down initially for about 8 minutes. Then flip about and grill until internal temp of 165, flipping occasionally.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 servings

Updated

April 24, 2011

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At July 24, 2010 at 3:48 PM , Anonymous Jane @ Sweet Basil Kitchen said...

What wood chips do you prefer? Thanks for the pictures...makes it look easy!

 
At July 24, 2010 at 4:53 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It is extremely easy. I always use Hickory and I think that goes well with chicken and pork. I need to expand my horizons and try some other types.

 
At July 25, 2010 at 6:48 AM , Blogger Rita said...

I really enjoy coming here to find recipes for two; This one looks fantastic; thank you.
Rita

 
At July 25, 2010 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Chris said...

I think bone in split breasts are exceptionally better than the boneless, skinless variety. I like this recipe, very quick and simple.

 
At May 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Wonderful! Easy! Delicious! Broiled this instead of grilling.

 
At May 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I never thought of trying a broiler for this. Great idea...

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home