101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Honey Paprika Grill Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Honey Paprika Grill Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast

Sweet and spicy with a quick wet rub that makes this a weeknight recipe with some zip. Serve straight up or serve with your favorite sauce (like my Memphis BBQ Sauce).


I used several oven and grill recipes as models but really none were close to the quick recipe I wanted. I like to rub and go... a no fussy way of cooking. I can't claim no mess though.

Rating:

It should be a 4 but I have other recipes I prefer. Very moist and tasty. About 40 minutes total from start to eating.

Notes: I smoked with hickory chips. I keep a box on the grill and just throw a large handful of chips in when I turn the grill on. The smoke starts well in about 10 minutes and lasts for 20-25 minutes which is just right for a recipe like this.

While I made this mainly to have an excuse to eat some leftover Memphis sauce, it was great without it. My wife ate most of her's without sauce and she LOVES the sauce. I also ate about half without the sauce and it was great.

Tools: The usual clean and oiled gas grill

Ingredients:
2 Trimmed skinless boneless chicken breast
Hand full of hickory chips (optional)

Wet Rub
1 t vegetable oil
1 t ReaLemon
1t honey
1 t paprika
1t crushed garlic
1/2 t salt
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 t cumin

Instructions:
1) Put a large hand full of hickory chips in an open container on the grill (optional). Then preheat on high for 10 minutes. Clean and oil grates.
2) Trim chicken breasts, pat dry.
3) Mix ingredients for wet rub and brush on all sides of breast.
4) Decrease heat to medium. Place smooth side down. Flip every 5-6 minutes and if any wet rub is left, bush on after the first two flips. Grill for 25-30 minutes until internal temp of 165.
5) Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.




Honey Paprika Grill Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast


Sweet and spicy with a quick wet rub that makes this a weeknight recipe with some zip. Serve straight up or serve with your favorite sauce (like my Memphis BBQ Sauce).
Ingredients
2 Trimmed skinless boneless chicken breast Hand full (optional) hickory chips Wet Rub 1 t vegetable oil1 t ReaLemon1 t honey1 t paprika1 t garlic1/2 t salt1/4 t black pepper1/8 t cumin
Instructions
1) Put a large hand full of hickory chips in an open container on the grill (optional). Then preheat on high for 10 minutes. Clean and oil grates.2) Trim chicken breasts, pat dry.3) Mix ingredients for wet rub and brush on all sides of breast.4) Decrease heat to medium. Place smooth side down. Flip every 5-6 minutes and if any wet rub is left, bush on after the first two flips. Grill for 25-30 minutes until internal temp of 165.5) Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 servings

Updated

April 23, 2011

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 21, 2010 at 10:20 PM , Blogger Chris said...

I love "smoke/grilled" chicken like this. It brings out the best of smoking and grilling in one dish without worrying about over powering the bird with smoke. Nice rub!

 
At August 21, 2010 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I agree about the smoke. I'm doing it more and more. It's just so easy to get great flavor that way. Especially on a gas grill, it's important.
I'm trying to simplify my cooking just due to my time constraints, my cooking needs to be "weeknight friendly".

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home