101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Mark Bittman Corn

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mark Bittman Corn

A few weeks ago, Mark Bittman of the NY Times had a simple article on grill corn with a Mexican touch. I'm finally getting around to trying it.

It's a good recipe with really good taste and simple. Some mayo with spice. So what's the problem? Well... I have to compare it to a plain grilled corn (see my Naked Grilled Corn post). I just love that char taste with some butter and salt and pepper. I thank is is just me being simple.


Rating:
I should be a 4 in both taste and ease but is a 3 because I'll mainly do my naked corn. A tie in taste but different. I think it is a matter of taste and what you're eating it with. A great option.

Notes: In typical Bittman style, he can be really non specific so the details are up to you (or me in this case).

Ingredients:
2 ears of sweat corn husked and cleaned
Salt and pepper to taste
Paste:
1 T mayonnaise
1/2 t lime juice
1/2 t chili powder

Instructions:
1) Grill on high and clean and oiled.
2) Mix paste. Brush on corn.
3) Grill until moderately charred. 
4) Serve hot. Salt and pepper to taste.




Mark Bittman Corn


A few weeks ago, Mark Bittman of the NY Times had a simple article on grill corn with a Mexican touch. I'm finally getting around to trying it. It's a good recipe with really good taste and simple. Some mayo with spice. So what's the problem? Well... I have to compare it to a plain grilled corn (see my Naked Grilled Corn post). I just love that char taste with some butter and salt and pepper. I thank is is just me being simple.
Ingredients
2 ears sweat corn husked and cleanedto taste Salt and pepper Paste:1 T mayonnaise1/2 t lime juice1/2 t chili powder
Instructions
1) Grill on high and clean and oiled2) Mix paste. Brush on corn.3) Grill until moderately charred. 4) Serve hot. Salt and pepper to taste.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 servings

Updated

April 23, 2011

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At August 29, 2010 at 10:26 PM , Blogger Chris said...

While I like lime and chili powder on corn, mayo seems pretty weird. I'm with you on that one.

 
At August 29, 2010 at 10:38 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a butter, salt and pepper guy.

 
At March 5, 2011 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Try it....it is amazing. I first had this at Fondita's on Long Island, a superb Mexican food stand. It seems weird but is delicious.

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home