101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Cracked Pepper Garlic Grill Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast

Monday, September 6, 2010

Cracked Pepper Garlic Grill Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast

For a real pepper and garlic lover... my wife.


I knew what I wanted but really couldn't find it. I have several lemon chicken breast recipes posted already including one of our all time favorites. I want pepper, pepper and more pepper with a some garlic and no lemon. I couldn't find it but got some ideas from reading a lot of recipes. I would use nonfat yogurt for the base. I would add some extra chicken flavor with some chicken base. And last and most important, lots of cracked pepper with some garlic.

Rating

Notes: I used Penzy chicken base which they state is approximate 1/2 to 3/4 tsp equal one bouillon cube. I used 1 teaspoon of garlic powder which I thought was right on for most people but I will bump it up some next time for my wife.

Tools: Clean and oiled gas grill.

Ingredients:
2 skinless boneless chicken breast
Salt to taste

Rub:
2 T nonfat plain yogurt
2 t cracked black pepper
1 t garlic powder (1 1/2 t for us next time)
1 t Penzy chicken base (see notes about options)
1/2 t white pepper

Instructions:
1) Mix rub together, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hour to allow tastes to mix.
2) Trim chicken breasts and brush on rub. Allow to set at room temp for 30 minutes before grill.
3) Preheat grill on high, clean and oil grates then decrease temp to medium.
4) Flip every 5-6 minutes until internal temp of 165.
5) Let rest for 10 minutes then serve. Chicken Breast- صدور الدجاج on FoodistaChicken Breast- صدور الدجاج



Cracked Pepper Garlic Grill Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast


For a real pepper and garlic lover... my wife. The tenth in my Grilled Boneless Chicken Breast Series. I knew what I wanted but really couldn't find it. I have several lemon chicken breast recipes posted already including one of our all time favorites. I want pepper, pepper and more pepper with a some garlic and no lemon. I couldn't find it but got some ideas from reading a lot of recipes. I would use nonfat yogurt for the base. I would add some extra chicken flavor with some chicken base. And last and most important, lots of cracked pepper with some garlic.
Ingredients
2 skinless boneless chicken breastto taste Salt Rub:2 T nonfat plain yogurt2 t cracked black pepper1 1/2 t garlic powder1 t ( or one bouillon cube crushed ) Penzy chicken base1/2 t white pepper
Instructions
1) Mix rub together, cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hour to allow tastes to mix.2) Trim chicken breasts and brush on rub. Allow to set at room temp for 30 minutes before grill.3) Preheat grill on high, clean and oil grates then decrease temp to medium4) Flip every 5-6 minutes until internal temp of 165.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 servings

Updated

April 23, 2011

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At September 6, 2010 at 1:53 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Nice paste. Yogurt is a great base, I agree.

 
At September 6, 2010 at 8:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I never quit know what to call a paste like this. I'm afraid the readers won't know what I want done with it.
I have used yogurt in the past but never posted any of those recipes. I find it a excellent way to transfer spice and flavor to something like chicken without much flavor effect nor fat calories.

 
At September 7, 2010 at 4:29 PM , Blogger Plain Chicken said...

I love yogurt based marinades - looks great!

 
At September 7, 2010 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My only trouble with the yogurt is I don't generally have it around so I have to remember to buy it which means I must plan things.

 
At September 10, 2010 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Alisa said...

I love your chicken breast recipes. It's my son's favorites and I'd love to try your recipes.I saw your blog from the foodie blog roll and I like what you have here.if you won't mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

 
At September 10, 2010 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Well I'll give it a try.

 
At September 11, 2010 at 11:14 PM , Anonymous Christine said...

Hello Dr Dan,

I saw your blog in Foodista. Your chicken looks simple and easy to cook and looks yummy!

Saw your other blogs too. They all look good. Why don't you add Foodista widgets in your other blogs too. I use Foodista in searching good recipes. A lot of people do.

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home