101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Garlic Chicken with Herbs de Provence

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Garlic Chicken with Herbs de Provence

I have been wanting to do another recipe using our Herbs de Provence direct from France.  My previous pork tenderloin was really good but need some garlic. My whole family loves garlic.


I wanted simple and didn't want to completely wing it. I found a simple recipe at The Mess Pot. It lacked the garlic so I added the garlic and decreased the lemon.

Rating:
Really a low 4 or high 3. Very nice taste and simple. So I opted for a 4 because I will be repeating occasionally this winter.

Notes: I had 4 breast for this, two of which were huge so I was careful to position the chicken with the thickest sides towards the outside. It still took 55 minutes to cook them. Since chicken breast are getting so big anymore, I'm thinking of routinely cutting them all in half like I do for the grill.

Tools: Nothing special

Ingredients:
4 bone-in skin-on chicken breast (AKA split chicken breast), trimmed of extra fat and skin
Marinade: 
2 T olive oil
1 T Lemon Juice (I used ReaLemon)
2 T Herbs de Provence
1 T garlic powder

Instructions:
1) Mix marinade in small bowl. Brush on skin side of chicken breast. Place on a Pam sprayed cooking sheet. Allow to set at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
2) Preheat oven on 375 convention for 15 minutes.
3) Bake until internal temp of largest piece is 165. 45-55 minutes.




Garlic Chicken with Herbs de Provence


I have been wanting to do another recipe using our Herbs de Provence direct from France. My previous pork tenderloin was really good but need some garlic. My whole family loves garlic.
Ingredients
4 bone-in skin-on chicken breast (AKA split chicken breast), trimmed of extra fat and skin Marinade: 2 T olive oil1 T Lemon Juice (I used ReaLemon)2 T Herbs de Provence1 T garlic powder
Instructions
1) Mix marinade in small bowl. Brush on skin side of chicken breast. Place on a Pam sprayed cooking sheet. Allow to set at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.2) Preheat oven on 375 convention for 15 minutes.3) Bake until internal temp of largest piece is 165. 45-55 minutes.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 servings

Updated

April 23, 2011

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At September 10, 2010 at 10:59 PM , Blogger rockdavinci.blogspot.com said...

Love your blogs. This chicken look so delicious and easy to make. I will try it.

 
At September 10, 2010 at 11:04 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks I Love Simple and Good _this is both.

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home