101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Simple Garlic Beef Kabobs

Monday, September 13, 2010

Simple Garlic Beef Kabobs

Another KISS recipe. I wanted to do some kabobs but my search for a recipe was at best frustrating. Most have 10 plus ingredients listed and involved overnight timing. What is wrong with these people? So after reading 15 plus recipes, I modified my Applebee's Bourbon Street Sirloin recipe. 

My desires:
1) KISS with only a few ingredients. I used four.
2) Quick. I marinaded for 2 hours but I think anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours would be fine.
3) Great taste and tender. Yep it was.

Rating:
Notes: I didn't use any salt and pepper. Why? I felt there was some sodium in the Worcestershire and soy sauces. The pepper I though could be added later. It didn't need it. It was busting with flavor. The Accent functions both as a flavor enhancer and tenderizer. It is MSG so if you're sensitive or don't want to use it, just eliminate it.
There was enough for 3-4 servings but we ate it all. 
Chicken kabobs coming soon.

Tools: some sort of skewers and a clean gas grill

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs of top sirloin or other good beef without a lot of fat
Optional fruit and vegetables for the kabobs (I used 2 green peppers, 1 red onion and 1/2 fresh pineapple)
Marinade:
2 T Worcestershire sauce
2 T Soy sauce
2 T water
1 t garlic powder
1 t Accent

Instructions:
1) Trim beef of any fat and cut into about 1 inch cubes
2) Mix marinade and then pour over meat and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed. 30 minutes to 4 hours.
3) If using wooden skewers, pre-soak in water for 30 minutes.
4) Prepare any desired fruit and vegetables. Cut into chunks about 1 inch.
5) Preheat grill on high. Clean and oil.
6) Prepare kabobs by alternating ingredients.
7) Grill over high direct heat until mild charring on fruits and vegetables. About 15 minutes.




Simple Garlic Beef Kabobs


Another KISS recipe. I wanted to do some kabobs but my search for a recipe was at best frustrating. Most have 10 plus ingredients listed and involved overnight timing. What is wrong with these people? So after reading 15 plus recipes, I modified my Applebee's Bourbon Street Sirloin recipe. My desires: 1) KISS with only a few ingredients. I used four. 2) Quick. I marinaded for 2 hours but I think anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours would be fine. 3) Great taste and tender. Yep it was.
Ingredients
1 1/2 lbs top sirloin or other good beef without a lot of fat Optional fruit and vegetables for the kabobs (I used 2 green peppers, 1 red onion and 1/2 fresh pineapple) Marinade:2 T Worcestershire sauce2 T Soy sauce2 T water 1 t garlic powder1 t Accent
Instructions
1) Trim beef of any fat and cut into about 1 inch cubes2) Mix marinade and then pour over meat and mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed. 30 minutes to 4 hours.3) If using wooden skewers, pre-soak in water for 30 minutes.4) Prepare any desired fruit and vegetables. Cut into chunks about 1 inch.5) Preheat grill on high. Clean and oil.6) Prepare kabobs by alternating ingredients.7) Grill over high direct heat until mild charring on fruits and vegetables. About 15 minutes.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 4 servings

Updated

April 23, 2011

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At September 14, 2010 at 12:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is not meat tenderizer in the photo, that is MSG powder.

 
At September 14, 2010 at 11:19 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Accent(MSG) is a meat tenderize in addition to flavor enhancer. But I will make that clear in the post.

 
At September 17, 2010 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Those look good, pineapple and green bell pepper go great with beef. I bet these would also be great with a sweet and sour sauce too. Nice job Dan.

 
At September 18, 2010 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I love pineapple on the grill. A sweet and sour would be great if you wanted.

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home