101 Cooking For Two - Everyday Recipes for Two: Spicy Oven Fried Chicken for Two

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Spicy Oven Fried Chicken for Two

I have always love a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Breast. While I wasn't trying to duplicate it, I wanted some of that taste but with little fuss. Well it's very close especially for a oven fried chicken.

As usual, I couldn't find anything that I really wanted to do by Googling.  I wanted oven for two reason. First I'm too busy right now to pay attention to frying nor to clean up after. Second, I'm on a low fat health kick and this has almost zero.  Put it on a whole wheat bun with some low fat mayo and pat yourself on the back for how good you're being.

Rating:
Notes: I spent about 20 minutes prep time but it should have been about 10-15 (I was combining recipes as I cooked). Cooking time right at 30 minutes.

Tools: Cooking rack

Ingredients:
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts trimmed
1 egg
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 t paprika
1/2 t garlic powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/4 t cayenne pepper

Instructions:
1) Preheat oven to 425 convection.
2) Trim chicken breast. Rinse under running water and pat dry.
3) Establish dredge lines with 1/4 cup flour in first pan. Separate egg and place white in second pan and then whip with fork. Discard yoke. In third pan place remaining 1/4 cup flour and all other ingredients and mix well.
4) Prep cooking pan with aluminum foil and cooking grate. Spray with Pam.
5) Dredge dried chicken in flour and shake off excess then egg and finally the flour/Panko/spice mix and place on cooking grate.
6) Give the top a brief spray of Pam. Place in oven and cook until internal temp of 165. About 30 minutes.




Spicy Oven Fried Chicken for Two


I have always love a Wendy's Spicy Chicken Breast. While I wasn't trying to duplicate it, I wanted some of that taste but with little fuss. Well it's very close especially for a oven fried chicken. As usual, I couldn't find anything that I really wanted to do by Googleing. I wanted oven for two reason. First I'm too busy right now to pay attention to frying nor to clean up after. Second, I'm on a low fat health kick and this has almost zero. Put it on a whole wheat bun with some low fat mayo and pat yourself on the back for how good you're being.
Ingredients
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts trimmed1 egg1/2 cup flour1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs 1 t paprika 1/2 t garlic powder1/2 t salt1/2 t pepper1/4 t cayenne pepper
Instructions
1) Preheat oven to 425 convection.2) Trim chicken breast. Rinse under running water and pat dry.3) Establish dredge lines with 1/4 cup flour in first pan. Separate egg and place white in second pan and then whip with fork. Discard yoke. In third pan place remaining 1/4 cup flour and all other ingredients and mix well.4) Prep cooking pan with aluminum foil and cooking grate. Spray with Pam. 5) Dredge dried chicken in flour and shake off excess then egg and finally the flour/Panko/spice mix and place on cooking grate.6) Give the top a brief spray of Pam. Place in oven and cook until internal temp of 165. About 30 minutes.
Details
Prep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 servings

Updated

April 23, 2011

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At September 20, 2010 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Allison said...

This looks great! Thanks for the recipe!

 
At September 22, 2010 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Chef Bee said...

Yummy. I love oven fried chicken and this one with spice is great.

Plan B

 
At September 23, 2010 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks I really enjoyed this one.

 

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the post or have a question? Please leave a comment or ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, rude comments or comments with random links will all be deleted.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home